You are here: Homepage > Solid Waste Management
Solid Waste Management
Solid waste management is the collection, transportation, processing/disposal, managing, and monitoring of solid waste materials. These are materials produced by direct or indirect human activity, and the process is generally undertaken to reduce their effect on health, the environment, and aesthetics.
Under the Public Health Law, the Department of Environmental Health is responsible for providing and operating waste disposal facilities which are capable of dealing with waste arising from within the Cayman Islands.
The solid waste section is responsible for the following activities:-
- Collection of residential waste and commercial waste
- Collection and disposal of infectious waste
- Disposal of hazardous waste
- Disposal of dead animals
- Litter collection / Roadside cleaning
- Removal of abandoned motor vehicles
Last updated: 2017-11-06