You are here: Homepage > Public Relations & Education
Public Relations & Education
The role of the Public Relations & Education Officer is to support the work of the DEH by generating and maintaining a high level of public awareness regarding all aspects of environmental health and solid waste matters. This includes the following activities:
- Conduct presentations on littering and recycling in all schools.
- Keep the community informed about DEH activities through press releases.
- Participate in national events to raise awareness on DEH matters.
- Produce educational material on DEH topics.
- Promote recycling and other waste reduction activities.
- Promote the anti-littering message.
- Provide assistance to the community for clean-ups.
The Public Relations & Education Officer offers the following services to the public:
- Conduct media interviews on Environmental Health related topics.
- Conduct presentations and lectures on related environmental health topic such as food safety, waste management etc.
- Make arrangements for tour of the GT Landfill & DEH Laboratory.
- Provide assistance with recycling programs/projects.
- Provide an informational booths at national fairs and other community events (career fairs, school fairs, expos).
To request the above services, please email or send a letter to the Public Relations & Education Officer at least 1-2 weeks in advance of the date of your proposed activity.
Last Updated: 2017-11-10