Companies are invited to bid for Used Tyres
Published 22nd April 2015, 10:36am
The Government of the Cayman Islands, through the Department of Environmental Health (DEH), is inviting bids from qualified Tenderers for the prompt processing (on-site or off-site at an approved local site/facility) and removal of all the “Used Tyres” accumulated at the Grand Cayman landfill. Government may consider paying a nominal fee for removal.
The removal involves “Used Tyres” existing as whole, unprocessed or semi-processed tyres (i.e. shredded tyres, tyres without wheel rims, and tyres with wheel rims). Some of these tyres may require special technical capabilities to cut, transport and remove from the sites. The majority of the used tyres are located at the Grand Cayman Landfill.
All interested Tenderers must meet the following eligibility criteria in order to be considered and evaluated:-
- Companies or individual Tenderers must comply with all applicable local laws including business registrations, health, pensions and any other regulations.
- Tenderers are reminded that the bids should be inclusive of all costs necessary to conduct the project.
- Proof of finances and technical ability to fulfil the contractual obligations must be demonstrated.
Interested Tenderers can collect the Tender package which contains instructions on the submission of tender from the Administrative office of the Department of Environmental Health which is located at the Cayman Islands Environmental Centre, 580 North Sound Road. Tender documents are available from the 20th April, 2015 between the hours of 9:00 A.M. and 4:00 P.M. Monday through Friday. These documents are also available on the Government website: www.centraltenders.gov.ky
All tenders should be returned before the closing time and date of 12:00 noon on the 20th May, 2015. All Tenders are to be returned in an enclosed envelope (sealed) and address to The Secretary, Central Tenders Committee, c/o Treasury Department, Government Administration Building, Box 125, 133 Elgin Avenue, George Town, Grand Cayman KY1-9000, Cayman Islands.
Late tenders will not be accepted, Cayman Islands Government will not defray any cost incurred by tenderers. The Cayman Islands Government shall not be bound to assign any reason for not accepting any tender.
All questions must be submitted in writing at least five days prior to the tender return date For additional information on this invitation, please contact Mr. Roydell Carter, the Environmental Health Director by telephone at (345) 743-5946 or Fax at (345) 949-4503 or Email email@example.com
- Advert Used Tyres Tender APRIL 15 2015
- The Government of the Cayman Islands invites eligible Tenderers to submit a bid for the processing (on-site or off-site at an approved local site / facility) and removal of all the “Used Tyres” accumulated at the Grand Cayman Site. Government may consider paying a nominal fee for removal.