Requirements for the Importation of Human Remains
Before bringing a deceased loved one to the Cayman Islands, those responsible for making the final arrangements must fulfil the following requirements:
- A signed letter requesting permission to import human remains (human ash/body) into the Cayman Islands. This must be sent via one of the following options:
- By mail to
Department of Environmental Health
P.O. Box 1820, Grand Cayman
Cayman Islands KY1-1109
- By email to email@example.com
Please include the following:
- The deceased full name.
- Place of birth (for statistical purposes only).
- The name of person responsible for the remains.
- Expected date of arrival of the deceased.
All requests should be made at least 48 hours prior to the arrival of the body/ashes into the Cayman Islands.
- By mail to
- A copy of the Death Certificate with cause of death (This should specify whether death was from a non-communicable or communicable disease).
- A Cremation Certificate (if the body was cremated).
- An administrative fee of CI $ 25 / US $ 31.25 (cash/local check/local bank draft) for local requests.
If sending an international bank draft, the fee is US $100.00.
- For all overseas requests, an international bank draft, in the amount of US $100.00 is required.
Last Updated: 2017-11-10